Top 9 Digital Marketing Strategies For Small Business in 2020
In most of our interactions with the start-ups, SMEs, Small businesses we get one common question, they ask us – What is “Top 9 Digital Marketing Strategies For Small Business in 2020”?
They are unable to create and execute a minimum digital marketing strategies/tactics for their business.
It does not matter what business you are in, your lead/prospect/customer is using some of the other platform on the internet and digital platform.
All that you need to do is to connect them and chase them. You need to stay visible in front of your target market.
Before we go ahead and discuss the top 9 digital marketing strategies for any business, let’s see some data about internet penetration and usage in the globe.
Companies are having a myth that they need to invest a heavy amount to stay online and market their products/business.
Let me tell you one thing,
“NO. You don’t need to” You can start from “0” – ZERO and yet be effective.
And once you start making money you start spending money on Facebook or Google ads.
In this blog, we are going to help you understand the top 9 digital marketing strategies that will help you stay relevant in your target market.
But, first of all.
What is Digital Marketing Strategies?
Digital marketing strategy in the most simple way “When a company creates a well-planned plan of action weaved around digital marketing platform or tactics to achieve some long term goal”.
A digital marketing strategy can include
- Organic, and
- Paid strategies
For example, your business development team plans to achieve attract 30% leads/prospects with the help of website traffic.
Now to achieve this what you can do is;
- Create an informational blog and share valuable information about your product or services that solves your lead/prospect problems.
- Run Facebook ads and redirect those traffic to your blog or website.
- Conduct a free webinar about “Problem Area” and “Solution” that you can offer.
- Use other social media portals to get traffic.
There are so many ways to achieve this goal, platforms and strategies will entirely depend on your company and area of services.
Why do you need to have a digital marketing strategy?
- Your target market is spending a lot of time on different digital platforms.
- Without having a proper digital marketing strategy how will you attract them?
- Efforts and results can be easily tracked here.
- Your cost of customer acquisition drops.
- Without a proper digital marketing plan, you may end up wasting your budget on random things.
Now, let’s see
Top 9 Digital Marketing Strategies For Small Business in 2020
1. Relevant and Personalisation.
2020 is going to be of the companies that can stay relevant in their content and can personalize them accordingly.
Gone are those days when most of the customers did not have much information about any product that they wanted to buy, and even if they wanted to get some information about the product than that used to be a tiresome act.
Right now, in the digital world your prospects/target market have all the information on their fingertips and to stay in their list you need to give what they are looking for, or else they will buy from someone else.
You need to stay relevant and personalize in;
- Product/services usage.
- Product information.
- Business communication.
- Website content.
- Social media communication.
- Post sales communication.
2. Search Engine Optimization.
Search engine optimization, or SEO. You need to give it a top priority in your digital marketing strategy.
A well planned and executed SEO strategy can help you attract relevant browsers and generate organic visits from any search engines to your website.
Here are a few of the main components of SEO that you need to focus on;
- Understanding your target market and its intent.
- Proper keyword research.
- Analysis of data.
- Google crawling.
- Technical SEO.
A most important component is the “keyword”.
So do a proper Keyword Research for your website or blog copy and optimize them accordingly.
Have a look at the data in the below image and see the world most visited websites, you may need to do proper SEO for many of them.
3. Voice Search Optimization (VSO).
With the rise of voice assistant services and tools, users now are just willing to speak and get output from the search engines. Be it google home, Alexa, Siri, or google voice assistant they are getting popularity.
So, now start optimizing your website for voice search so that search engines can index your website for the voice search as well.
When it comes to VSO, google or any search engine will only index you and give you preference if;
- Your content is relevant.
- Your content is informative.
- You have good reviews from your customers.
- Your website has good speed to give the first audio byte.
- You are well optimized for google local business.
4. Use paid ads on different digital platforms.
Paid ads also are known as Pay – Per – Click Advertisement is the best way to generate a quick result for any of your business goals.
If you are not using paid ads till now, then start using it now. You can do paid ads on;
- Google ads
- Bing ads
- Facebook ads
- Instagram ads
- Linkedin ads
- Youtube ads
- Tik – Tok Ads
Paid ads give you the following benefits;
- It produces quick results.
- Paid ads help you to generate relevant and qualified results.
- The result can be easily tracked and measured.
- It’s very much helpful in local search.
5. Use a landing page
The landing page is also known as a digital salesperson is a web page that is built and used to attract browsers and convert them into visitors and finally into a lead.
A few must-haves for landing page;
- Smart use of headings and subheadings.
- Share your USP.
- Features of your product.
- Testimonials – Image + Videos.
- Call to action.
Create a landing page and use Google AdWords to reach more and more of your customers.
6. Content Marketing
You must have read this line “Content is King”, and
If you can create and market a Valuable Content than you and your business will always be loved by your customer. You don’t have to hard-sell your product to your customers if you create content value that adds value to your customer’s life.
You can create content in the form of;
This is why you should focus on content marketing;
- It improves your company/product/brand awareness/relationship in the industry.
- It increases lead quality and quantity.
- It increases conversion.
- It decreases your Cost per acquisition.
So, don’t wait to start creating valuable content.
7. Build your credibility on social media/networking platforms.
In the last 1 decade, social media platforms have got a lot of attention from all age groups in society, in 2019 there were around 3.8 Billion social media users in the globe. These users on average spend 140 to 184 mins on different social media and messaging apps.
A few mostly used social media apps are;
- Facebook messenger
- Tik – Tok
With every passing day, these social media platforms are increasing their user base, your target market is spending their time on these platforms. YOu need to communicate with them, show them who you are – what you are selling – why they should buy your communication.
Every brand in the world is interacting with browsers/leads/prospects and customers.
Start doing it today, it takes time to give you the desired result.
Use it, it is one of the Top Digital Marketing Strategies for 2020.
8. Maintain a Youtube channel.
Do you know?
- Youtube ranks 2nd in terms of traffic and engagement, says Alexa.
- Youtube has more than 1.9 billion logged-in visitors daily.
- People like to watch product related videos on youtube.
- Youtube works in more than 50 languages.
- You can reach your target market on youtube with the help of ads on it.
- Most of the youtube viewers watch videos on mobiles.
- Almost 100% of ads on youtube has both audio and video.
- You can also monetize your Youtube channel and earn revenue.
The next decade of digital marketing is going to be all about video marketing.
If you are not making videos start doing it. Make small videos, viewers generally do not prefer long videos.
So, start creating and sharing videos.
9. Use influencer marketing tactics.
In the past one-decade digital marketing industry has seen many influencers, influencers are people who have created a niche audience and have earned their trust.
It does not matter what business you are in if you will find some influencers across all major social networking sites or platforms.
You can find influencers on;
- Tik – Tok
Start creating an influencer’s marketing strategy, and it can boost your business impact in your market.
You don’t need to have a big budget to execute digital marketing and sales strategy for your business. You can start from Zero by yourself and once your business starts picking up you can invest more and be more active.
Do not delay.
Now you know “Top Digital Marketing Strategies – 2020”
Start Today, Start now.